Thursday, January 9, 2014

Experimenting with Collage

It was on the calendar ... watch the grandkids for my daughter so she can play her soccer game. Got a message earlier requesting we "do art!" So what's a gramma to do, but accommodate her favorite little people?!

They are all old enough to be familiar with cutting, pasting, and we've painted and doodled plenty together. I didn't know what they would think about cutting apart the magazines I keep in the pockets behind my driver/passenger seats in my car. Their parents have admirably taught them to respect books. They loved the idea!

What made me happiest was how happy they were to do art with me, that they requested it, and that they were all happy with their results. And now for the drumroll! Here are the results:

 M is my youngest granddaughter. 

Her eyes really lit up when she went through my collage stash and found this purse!

 A is my oldest granddaughter, and a self-proclaimed artiste!
And lover of washi tape! :-)


 T is my only and wonderful grandson. Up until late summer, he's been a reluctant writer 
and didn't care to draw much either. Well, that has all changed! He's really come into
his own voice practically overnight! Love watching this boy grow up!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my! All of their work is so interesting. I really enjoyed seeing what each of them found interesting and how they put their pages together. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete