Friday, August 2, 2013

Ahhh, rain ...

This blogging thing is hard!! Do I really have anything to say? :-)

It's raining today ... and we NEED it!!! This is Seattle after all! I cannot remember a dryer summer. I'm not complaining because I know this is not the norm. It does me good to get out of my comfort zone. The rain feels good to my soul today, though.

The odor in the air when the first drops fall is lovely ... petrichor is the term for it.

I think my daughter and I are headed to the local Arts Festival tomorrow ... rain or shine! Looking forward to seeing what everyone's been up to.

It looks like I may have time to do something in my art journal today. Hopefully that means a picture to share tomorrow. Until then, here's a picture of my three favorite little people:




4 comments:

  1. I love that smell of fresh rain, never knew it had a name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petrichor is one of my favourite words, Cindy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delight to learn the word for one of the best scents ever. Glad you're enjoying the rain and having an art journaling day. And what a sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The many scents of rain are all fabulous Medicine, and I love the science of it that you shared.

    ReplyDelete