Thursday, August 1, 2013

Enjoy the moment you're in ...

I don't know why it always surprises me that yet another month has flown by. I feel like while I'm stalled, everything else is flying right past me. Need to find the joy and peace that's been eluding me. I know it's mostly attitude.

I've started reading "Peace Is Every Breath" by Thich Nhat Hanh. She says, "Carried away by our worries, we're unable to live fully and happily in the present. Deep down, we believe we can't really be happy just yet -- that we still have a few more boxes to be checked off before we can really enjoy life. We speculate, dream, strategize, and plan for these "conditions of happiness" we want to have in the future; and we continually chase after that future, even while we sleep. We may have many fears about the future because we don't know how it's going to turn out, and these worries and anxieties keep us from enjoying being here now."

So, working on mindfulness ... being in the present moment, enjoying the present moment because it's the only one I have RIGHT NOW! I tell myself the same things I tell my daughter when she's anxious: if you can't do anything about "it" at the moment, you have to let it go! I KNOW this ... and am wanting to make this habit.

Work is extremely slow. I had one project this morning, but alas, it is done. And I sit here for four more hours, thinking up things to do! I'm thankful to have a job, to work for a good person ... but I need something to do!

So today, I will update my friend's bookkeeping records, read, maybe pull out my art journal ... and blog! And enjoy the moment! Ha!

Last night's sunset:







3 comments:

  1. Ah, the eternal present.
    We live in times that can offer great challenge to acknowledging it, let alone living (in) it.
    And in this moment, I'm doing my best. As are you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing sunset and you are right time ever changing and we change with it.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first August blog post, thank you for sharing! I've also skimmed more of your blog and love your pictures and posts.
    Nice to meet you.
    :D

    ReplyDelete