Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday in my Art Studio ...

I ran to the store early this morning to get last minute groceries for dinner. Grabbed a Starbucks on the way home. Threw the food in the crockpot. And headed downstairs to my refuge!

A while back Effy had mentioned little manila coin envelopes, so not wanting to miss out on anything I got some. The next day I happened upon index cards that were half-size the normal 3" x 5" and grabbed a package of those, not even putting the two items together ... until today! I  know I could have cut in two all the index cards I have laying around here from the kids' school days, but for $1.50 my time is better spent!

I watched Effy's week 2 videos over again (I started a page for this week before, but hate it!) and this is what came out. I'm pretty happy with it! You can't get the full effect of the gold veining on the heart and envelopes, but trust me, it's really cool!








8 comments:

  1. What a great page! Love the crackle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very fun looking page! I love my crockpot for giving me the freedom to create a delicious meal while I also create other stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that crackle ... and yes, 1.50 well spent because our time is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous spread!!! The cracks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a perfect page for a super quote

    Well done ^5

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really looks cool - love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Cindy! Love the cracks and that dripping heart is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly, I love the crackle effect!

    ReplyDelete